Water safety is also a growing concern because as the population grows clean water sources are jeopardized so waste treatment, food safety, and pest control are dealt with to maintain respiratory health and safety. This job requires candidates with a bachelor's degree or a master's degree and you have the opportunity to advance your career as you gain experience and learn about the regulations and codes related to the environmental health industry.
Some of the best environmental health safety job opportunities are:
- Environmental Health Technician - works with environmental scientists, administrators or engineers in the government or private companies and their duties include water, waste and soil testing and sampling and ensure that proper environmental and health codes and regulations are followed. An associate degree in science is required and candidates should have a strong background in science and math and should take classes in biochemistry, environmental science, public health issues as well as methods of data analysis.
- Environmental Health Safety Engineer jobs - works in various areas affecting public health and they work with Private Corporation's health and safety department which helps the government in providing the best approach about environmental issues. A bachelor's degree in Environmental Health Engineering is required with courses that include calculus or solid and fluid mechanics, biology, physics, and chemistry.
- Environmental Health Administrator - helps organizations design processes to reduce environmental related accidents or hazard and ensure the safety of the environment that's why it is necessary that they have complete knowledge of the state and federal regulations so that they may be able to write new ones. If you want to become an environmental health administrator you need a bachelor's degree in environmental health science and continue your education by taking a master's or doctoral degrees in environmental health.
- Health & Safety Representative - supervise the safety program standards and the safety of the medical personnel based on the scope of the project and they are mostly responsible in controlling unsafe employee activities, administrative safety as well as rescue squad activities, oversees the work surveillance inspections, documentation of accidents, monitors and provide technical support for construction sites, provides guidance and awareness training related to construction or facility safety and coordinate and administer program documentation.
- Senior Safety Health Supervisor - works in resolving health and industrial hygiene so they participate in the appraisal and recommendation for solutions to hazards and provide expertise to plant management and monitors the plant's compliance to the safety rules and regulations requirements. They also assist in the area management to ensure that all accidents are investigated and prevented, coordinate and conduct safety and health training programs, analyze incidents and complete safety statistics, and monitor's the contractor's adherence to the safety rules and regulations.
- Discover your special abilities and skills about the career you are going to apply with. You must know the techniques on how to make your career more successful.
- To find the job you want to work with, network with other people. Socializing with friends and relatives, connecting to co-workers in your current job, talking to older persons who are successful to that career about the career you want to work with are examples of networking. Moreover, spread the word to the community that you are looking for a job related to environmental health safety.
- Always have positive and good thoughts about the career so that you will enjoy your work and keep it for a long time.
- After you find your job or career, always focus on developing and enhancing you education and training to learn more skills and be an asset to the company.