Environmental, Health and Safety Professional','180005XN','!*!
The EHS Professional II represents the
journey level position for EHS related functions. The key role is that of an individual
contributor. This position will be
accountable for contributing to the identification, analysis and resolution of
needs and problems in a discipline for which the incumbent is beginning to
build a reputation as an expert. This
position performs complex analysis work, identifies and resolves problems. Although this position may be the transition
from individual contributor to team leadership, the major focus of the job is
on technical delivery. Incumbents may
work more directly with different units, suppliers, customers and/or other
teams and begin enhancing general and business skills. This requires the ability to communicate
technical information in a concise and accurate manner. Decisions may significantly impact on:
facility EHS performance, compliance; negotiations with suppliers; and
leveraging new technologies.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:* Identify applicable EHS regulations and evaluates impact to the facility
* Manage Environmental Permitting Requirements at Facility* Perform inspections and tests to verify compliance.
* Conduct IH sampling as needed* Manage Hazardous Materials requests* Identify existing and potential EHS problems.
* Participate in developing corrective measures.
* Develop procedures to assure continuing compliance with regulations and organization standards.
* Develop management systems for EHS functions
* Perform EHS audits
* Develop and implement EHS training programs
* Complete reports for submission to EPA or OSHA
* Monitor EHS performance and recommends priorities and actions for improvement.
* Review new products, equipment, and processes for potential risks and recommends modifications before introduction.
* Collaborate with employees and supervisors to identify and mitigate EHS risks.
* Develop standards and work practices with line personnel and monitors conformance through EHS inspections.
* Ensure compliance with organization and government EHS standards.* Support and advise other EHS Professionals and managers.* Communicate technical information to facility management, team members and internal customers.','!*! Required Qualifications:* Degree in an appropriate scientific discipline (consideration will be given to equivalent environmental/health/safety experience) * 2 to 7 years of environmental/health/safety experience Desired Qualifications:* Ability to communicate effectively * Strong analytical skills * Strong technical leadership skills* Ability to perform complex assignmentsCaterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for
this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa
status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities
outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at ****assistance is available for this position.','EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.','Jun 22, 2018','United States-Illinois-Pontiac','','Additional Functional Areas','Environmental, Health and Safety Professional