Assist in the overall supervision and administration of project safety to maintain a safe and healthy work environment. Coordinate project safety efforts and communicate details of safety conditions with all levels of supervision and management.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
• Participate in developing and conducting field safety orientation training.
• Daily inspection of machinery, equipment, and working conditions to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and safe work practices.
• Observe workers to determine appropriate use of prescribed safety equipment, such as glasses, helmets, goggles, respirators, and clothing.
• Inspection of specified areas for fire-prevention equipment, first-aid supplies, and other safety devices.
• Test working areas for hazard exposures (noise, toxic, etc.) using associated testing equipment.
• Prepare daily report of findings with recommendations for corrective action.
• Investigation of accidents per program procedures to establish root cause for use in recommending preventive safety measures.
• Documenting all accidents, safety violations, unsafe conditions or behavior.
• Assisting in development of standardized job safety analysis (JSA), corporate safety and health management program (SHMP), as well as project specific safety plans (PSSP).Conduct weekly safety meetings with workers to instruct them on project safety practices and requirements.
• Demonstrate use of equipment and conduct safety training.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
5 years of previous construction experience
1 year of previous experience as on-site safety person
OSHA 30hr card for the Construction Industry
Specialized training relevant to scope of work
Working knowledge of safety regulations and hazard control methods
Strong eye for detail
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Demonstrated ability to conduct safety training
Ability to travel throughout Raleigh / Durham area
Bernhard is an EOE M / F / Vet / Disabled Employer.
Apply To This Job