Black & Veatch Holding Company
This Field Safety Manager position is a high-level project position, which is accountable for implementing and maintaining the company’s Loss Control Procedures. This position is typically assigned to large complex projects or smaller projects that may have particularly hazardous project scope.
This professional may have his/her home base anywhere within the U.S. due to being a Field position with high travel/mobilization requirements. This means that this professional will spend the majority of work time at the assigned project location for the duration of the project requiring long-term temporary living close to the project site.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages construction contractor safety and health program administration.
• Manages site safety, health, environmental, and security budgets.
• Implements, administers and maintains Drug and Alcohol Substance Abuse Program for a project.
• Develops and conducts employee safety and health training programs.
• Conducts site safety and health inspections and safety and health program audits.
• Ensures project safety and health documentation is complete and accurate.
• Conducts incident and injury/illness investigations.
• Writes detailed investigation and safety and health progress reports.
• Interfaces with clients and government officials.
• Administers project worker’s compensation programs and procedures.
• Assists in development, management and implementation of project insurance programs and policies.
• Manages project security contracts, programs and policies.
• Develops, manages and implements project environmental programs and policies.
• May act as Safety & Health Consultant to internal and external clients.
• May act as emergency responder or incident commander.
• Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Supervises work of others.
• Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates.
• Supervises Safety & Health Intern, Safety and Health Specialist 1, 2, & 3, Safety and Health Manager 1.
• Acts as a project manager.
• The individuals comprising the team may vary by project.
*** This position is not available for visa sponsorship
*** This professional may have his/her home base anywhere within the U.S. due to being a Field position with high travel/mobilization requirements. This means that this professional will spend the majority of work time at the assigned project location for the duration of the project requiring long-term temporary living close to the project site.
• 5 years in a construction environment
• 5 years safety and health experience
• All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Safety and health certification
• Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred
• Knowledge of safety and health standards and practices
• Knowledge of company substance abuse policies and procedures
• Knowledge of construction contracting strategies and contract administration
• Knowledge of worker’s compensation policies and procedures
• Knowledge of insurance program administration including owner-controlled and contractor-controlled insurance programs
• Knowledge of project safety and health budgeting and cost control
• Knowledge of environmental laws and company and client programs, procedures
• Knowledge of security risk and control processes and procedures
• Knowledge of company safety and health consultation capabilities and ability to perform as a consultant
• Ability to effectively interface with client and government officials
• Communication skills
• Ability to effectively manage emergency situations
• Word processing and spreadsheet computer software programs
• Ability to write detailed reports
• Human relations skills
• Conflict management skills
Black & Veatch Holding Company
Website : http://www.bv.com
Black & Veatch strikes a balance that is rare for any industry. Our Mission sets the bar high – Building a World of Difference ®. We live up to that ideal by delivering reliable and innovative infrastructure solutions to our clients’ most complex challenges. The result is that Black & Veatch helps to improve and sustain the quality of life around the world.