Occupational Health Nurse
Occupational Health Nurse
Open date:Jun 12, 2018 4:56 PM
Functional area:Environmental, Health, Safety & Sustainability
Experience required:3 years
Email a friend
Your Responsibilities:This role is an integral part of a dynamic team of occupational health professionals which includes nurses, physicians and a physician assistant. The primary objective of the role is to provide clinical occupational health nursing services and health promotion programs. Important focuses are OSHA regulated health monitoring, OSHA regulated injury and illness reporting, quality assurance, and travel health.
• Deliver high quality clinical occupational health nursing services. This includes nursing assessment and management of occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses, emergency medical response, consultation with employees about GSK resources to support their health and travel health consultations.
• Manage and deliver high quality OSHA regulated health monitoring programs, such as Hearing Conservation and Use of Respirators.
• Deliver disability management support for employees who may need accommodations while at work or who need to take time away from work.
• Collaborate with safety professionals on workplace safety programs such as biosafety, ergonomics, and incident investigation.
• Support employees with filing Workers Compensation claims for work related illness and injury. Communicate effectively with Workers Compensation insurance carrier as required.
• Deliver preventive health services in collaboration with GSK benefits and EHS partners. This includes personal health education, health promotion, health fairs, health screenings and safety training on selected occupational safety topics.
• Develop and maintain nursing procedures and quality assurance processes and documents.
• Collaborate with business management by attending departmental safety meetings and collaborating on special projects related to health and safety as needed.
• Strive to continuously improve service delivery to the customer base.
Basic qualifications:• BachelorsDegree
• 3 years nursing experience
• Eligibility for a PA RN license
Preferred qualifications:• Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
• One year of occupational health experience
• Certification in Occupational Health Nursing (COHN or COHN-S)
• Case management certification
Why GSK?:At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or 1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ AgenciesGSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency ReportingFor the Recordsite.
Website : http://www.gsk.com
GlaxoSmithKline Inc. (GSK) is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company devoted to discovering and developing new and innovative medicines and vaccines for Canadians and people around the world. Every day, our employees strive to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.