Fort Worth, TX, United States
Jan 25, 2023
Requisition ID: 166550
Job Level: Entry Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Power Delivery
Employment Type: Full Time
At Kiewit, one of our guiding principles on every projects and in every office is, “Nobody Gets Hurt” and we’re currently looking for a Safety Specialist who will create, support and audit our programs which reinforce our commitment to safety.
As a Safety Specialist , you’ll be part of a team implementing and overseeing the Project Safety Program including the development of site safety policies and procedures. You’ll assist in monitoring the activities of construction projects, insuring the facility's compliance with pertinent governmental regulations, company policies and procedures. You’ll assist in determining the cause of unsafe conditions and injury claims through procedure, equipment, facilities inspection and worker observation. Providing corrective action recommendations and assisting in implementing metrics for tracking and reporting on performance issues will also fall within your responsibilities.
Kiewit Power Delivery is a full-service engineering and construction solutions provider operating across North America. Our experience and expertise span all aspects of the transmission and distribution market from high voltage overhead and underground transmission to distribution and automation design and construction capabilities. With these broad capabilities, we operate in the electric utility, renewable energy, industrial, and oil & gas markets. As part of Kiewit, we are integrated with 135 years of construction and engineering experience that provides holistic solutions, differentiating our team from the rest of the industry.
Our rapidly growing power delivery business has opened new locations across North America to strengthen our market presence while executing work within the communities that we live. We have invested in industry leading design technology and platforms while also expanding our construction equipment fleet with the most advanced, and safest equipment on the market. We are committed to building upon our history as one of the safest companies to work for by equipping our craft with the best tooling and safety programs available.
We are an innovative team that prides itself on excellence through continuous improvement and an unwavering commitment to deliver for our clients. Our staff collaborates with Kiewit’s vast internal network of resources that span heavy civil and infrastructure, vertical and commercial buildings, mining, as well our oil and gas and power generation markets, to drive safe and cost-effective solutions that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
This position will be located on one of our project sites. Candidate must be open to traveling and relocating as needed.
• Assist in the development, review, updating, and communication of the SSSP to everyone including subcontractors
• Collaborate with the craft every day in the field to encourage buy-in of our safety program and to support craft ownership of the safety program
• Exercise Stop Work Responsibility to ensure adherence to company policies, regulations, work plans, work packs, and detailed work plans
• Plan, prioritize, and problem-solve with operations in the field every day based on leading indicator trends and upcoming work
• Encourage, support, inspire, and advise staff and craft employees to execute the SSSP
• Assist with maintaining project files in compliance with OSHA/MSHA regulations and in compliance with our policies including accident/injury files
• Assist with first aid and maintain relationships with emergency medical services and clinics
• Assist with KieTrac entry, incident investigations, and implementation of effective solution
• Complete a daily documented hazard inspection and assist operations, craft, and subcontractors with implementation of corrective actions
• Review work plans, work packs, and detailed work plans prior to the start of work
• Assist and provide safety training on policies, procedures, OSHA/MSHA, NCCER, SIMS, orientation, and client specific requirements
• Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Safety, or a related field of study is preferred
• 0-2 years of construction safety experience
• OSHA 30 and First Aid CPR preferred
• The ability to travel and relocate as required
• Knowledge of construction safety, current Federal and OSHA requirements
• Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Strong work ethic - Willing to do what it takes to get the job done
• The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Sign Up Now - EnvironmentalSafetyHealthCrossing.com