LOGIN TO SAVE THIS VACANCY
Advertising End Date:
21 Jun 2018
About The Opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global first tier supplier of airframe and engine structures, components, assemblies and transparencies to a wide range of aircraft and engine prime contractors and other first tier suppliers. We operate in three main product areas: aerostructures, engine components/sub-systems, and special products. We are over 11,500 employees strong with 32 locations in 9 different countries.
Responsible for the managerial and functional accountabilities for the Quality Systems and Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) group within the Quality/ HSE organization; including the establishment and improvement of procedures and processes to drive performance and customer satisfaction. Key Responsibilities
* Manage the Quality Systems and HSE team to include coordination and execution of systems development, management, and optimization.
* Train and develop team throughout levels within the organization to ensure a culture of Continuous Improvement (C.I.) within the Quality Systems and HSE organization
* Drive synergies between Quality and HSE Management Systems and ensure consistent certification to all.
* Develop new site-specific Level III & approve Level IV procedures to continuously improve plant Quality Operating System (QOS) along with HSE Systems.
* Implement necessary resource & training needs within the organization to support current and future needs.
* Provide technical assistance & support to Value Stream and Program customers.
* Ensure establishment of and compliance to QOS.
* Maintain Customer satisfaction with GKN Quality through regular auditing of plant activities along with the development and execution of identified Continuous Improvement (C.I.) projects
* Ensure compliance to all regulatory and customer HSE requirements.
* Coordinate and lead periodic training sessions to keep personnel updated on current & new procedures, methods, tools, use of equipment and other quality assurance techniques.
* Lead the analysis and reporting of system capability data on a monthly basis to identify performance trends and action plans to resolve.
* Bachelor s Degree in Engineering, Quality, or related discipline required.
* MUST BE U.S CITIZEN OR PERMANENT RESIDENT.
* A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in Quality Assurance with at least 2 years of leading others.
* Strong knowledge of applicable manufacturing and quality requirements including ISO 9001, AS 9100, QS 9000, and TS16949.
* Working knowledge of ISO14001 and OHSAS 18000
* Requires excellent communication skills including oral and written communications, presentations, and relationship development;
* Strong working knowledge of word processing (Word), spreadsheet (Excel), presentation (Power Point), internet and meeting and personal planning software required.
* Lean Enterprise experience desired.
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Aerospace is the world s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
GKN Aerospace is a First Tier supplier to the global aviation industry, working on every major fixed and rotary-wing aerospace platform. A leader in composite and metallic technologies, our business is equally focused on military and civil markets. Substantial investment ensures GKN Aerospace is at the forefront of technology. Partnering with the world’s major platforms and engine OEMs, we deliver competitive advantage through advanced design and manufacturing that provides best value and enhanced performance: advantages which retain our position as a world leader in aerostructures, engine products, nacelles and transparencies. All products are backed by GKN Aerospace’s comprehensive, agile and responsive aftermarket services. As a global aerospace provider with over 10,000 employees, including over 1,000 design engineers delivering exceptional engineering services, GKN Aerospace offers a unique ‘follow-the-sun’ capability: we work with customers to meet their requirements on a 24/7 basis to ensure challenging program timescales are met.