Food Lion, LLC
Quincy, MA, United States
Esh, Manager, Retail, Transportation
Apr 19, 2021
Aug 02, 2021
About Retail Business Services
Retail Business Services is the services company of leading grocery retail group Ahold Delhaize USA, providing services to five omnichannel grocery brands: Food Lion, Giant Food, The GIANT Company, Hannaford and Stop & Shop. Retail Business Services leverages the size and scale of the local brands to provide industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to support their strategies. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we foster a community of belonging where everyone is valued. For more information, visit www.retailbusinessservices.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Position Title: Manager III Fleet Safety
Position Location: Carlisle, PA; Salisbury, NC; Quincy, MA; Scarborough, ME; Landover, MD
This role directs the transportation safety management process and provides overall support and guidance for all ADUSA transportation operations. This role will craft short and long term safety and compliance strategies for the company fleet of motor vehicles and company drivers, as well as building a culture of safety within the ADUSA Transportation operations. This position will be accountable for implementing safe practices across ADUSA operations and ensure that appropriate fleet & driver safety policies and programs are in place, including processes and procedures designed to ensure compliance with all applicable government regulations, and achievement of specific company performance standards.
The scope of the role includes all transportation activities, including retail, e-commerce, corporate drivers. Accountable for the financial impact of fleet / transportation injuries and accidents to the organization ($10M exposure for each liability incident) and strives to reduce the direct and indirect cost to the business. It is essential that this role establish and maintain effective working relationships with Supply Chain Operations campus leaders, Transportation managers and drivers. Provide leadership direction and guidance to Operations and Transportation leadership to ensure continuous improvement in accident and injury prevention.
• Create an ADUSA strategy to ensure the safe and compliant transport of both products and people.
• Develops methods and audit processes to ensure regulatory compliance as related to safety and work practices for people protection (EPA, OSHA).
• Create, monitor, and ensure implementation of transportation safety policies and procedures. Includes all driving activities and driver injury and accident prevention.
• Responsible for working with insurers on best practice sharing within the enterprise and validating results. Will be corporate contact for transportation safety concerns with external stakeholders.
• Increase associate safety awareness by ensuring comprehensive and consistent driver training programs are in place and effective for all transportation activities.
• Establish enterprise wide initiatives to reduce transportation risk factors in junction with function leadership
• Ensure best use of management systems to measure operational KPIs. • Establish, implement and execute a consistent accident review and audit process that identifies areas of risk and addresses through training, communication, counseling and discipline to minimize fleet risk.
• Develop initiatives to measure and reduce at-risk driving behaviors in conjunction with brand leadership to ensure best practice programs to reduce injuries and fleet accidents.
• Works with business leaders to recommend fleet safety equipment and technology that maximizes safe
operations for drivers and other stakeholders.
• Prepare reviews, approve and submit safety reports and/or material or evidence for organization use in
hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
• Manage and follows up on serious safety or accident concerns from drivers, customers and the general public,
in partnership with local team.
• Follows up on inquiries or actions from Federal, State and Local law enforcement or agencies, when beyond
scope of local team
• Provide leadership that will motivate employees and function as an effective promoter of change and growth.
• Champion the implementation of a continuous improvement culture
• Serve as a member of key teams and safety committees as needed
•Bachelor’s degree in business administration, safety management, risk management, logistics/ transportation or related discipline; and 7-10 years related fleet safety experience (retail experience preferred); or equivalent combination of education and experience
•7-10 years' experience in transportation management and/ or safety management experience
•Expert knowledge of Transportation Compliance
•Mature level of knowledge for company, business and industry practices
•Experience with safety management systems and risk information systems.
•Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of Programs
Food Lion, LLC
Website : http://www.foodlion.com/