Turner Construction Company
Position Description: The purpose of the internship is to provide the student with supervised practice at the work site and in the continuing daily work of the safety professional. Interns will assist the Project Safety Manager, Superintendent, PM, PX and BU Environmental Health & Safety Director in adhering to company safety and loss control policies. Works on construction projects or in the office to assist in the day-to-day activities associated with safety and loss control. The Safety Intern shall be supervised by a manager of safety.
Reports To: Various reporting, including Project Safety Manager or similar position
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in implementation of Building L.I.F.E. and the project safety program under the direction of the Project Safety Manager or Superintendent.
- Assist Project Superintendent and BU Environmental Health & Safety Director in identifying and reporting any violation or unsafe practice where there is imminent danger to life or property.
- Assist in coordination of safety duties in such areas as safety committees, preplanning meetings and tool box meetings.
- Participate in training at safety meetings, tool box meetings and orientations.
- Assist in review of subcontractor safety programs for completeness and compliance with Turners policies.
- Assist in promoting safe work practices and safe working conditions in accordance with all Federal, State and Local regulations and owner/contractual requirements.
- Participate in administration of a drug screening program (pre-employment, post-accident random and cause) that is consistent with Turners or Owners requirements.
- Assist Project Safety Manager and Superintendent in preconstruction meetings and conducting research as needed. Document those meetings under direction of supervision.
- Assist in conducting jobsite and work area inspections with the Project Safety Manager or Superintendent. Review with Superintendent for distribution to subcontractors and Business Unit Safety Director.
- Assist in maintaining safety records, including pre-task plans, Job Hazard Analyses, training records, tool box meetings, maintenance of the OSHA 300 log, maintenance of the MSDS and chemical inventory sheets, incident investigations and metrics.
- Assist in conducting effective worker orientation program for every new employee and administer and record their participation.
Qualifications: Working toward a four year degree in Occupational Safety and Health, engineering or similar discipline, or equivalent experience, with a minimum of two (2) years of education and a basic knowledge of safety/environmental principles and techniques. Capable of identifying known potential exposures and recommending corrective actions. Computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office suite programs. Developing leadership characteristics and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle or feel object, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the intern can work in an office or on-site at the construction work site where the intern is exposed too moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: req4514
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Turner Construction Company is recognized as the leading general builder in the U.S. The companys 5000 employees perform work on more than 1,500 buildings projects each year. According to Engineering News-Records Top 400 Contractors Sourcebook, Turner is the nations largest builder in the green, healthcare, education, commercial buildings market.Turners job application process is being enhanced with new functionality, which will improve how to search and apply for jobs that meet your skills. Please come back to this site on August 29th to find opportunities across the company in a wide range of job families. Contact Info
- Boston, MA 02210
View Company Profile
Dont miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Turner Construction Company
Website : http://www.turnerconstruction.com
Turner is a North America-based, international construction services company and is a leading builder in diverse and numerous market segments. The company has earned recognition for undertaking large, complex projects, fostering innovation, embracing emerging technologies, and making a difference for their clients, employees and community. With a staff of 5,200 employees who work on more than 1,500 projects each year, we offer clients the accessibility and support of a local firm with the stability and resources of a multi-national organization. To be the highest value provider of global construction services and technical expertise.