Blue Apron, Inc
About Blue Apron
At Blue Apron, our mission is to make incredible home cooking accessible to everyonefrom the novice cook just getting started to the experienced chef. Each week we send hundreds of thousands of customers all the pre-measured and perfectly proportioned ingredients they need to prepare delicious and healthy meals at home. We introduce our members to new ingredients, flavors, and cooking techniques with seasonally-inspired recipes that are always delicious, fun and easy to prepare. We make fresher, healthier food available at better prices by rethinking the grocery supply chain from the table all the way back to the farm.
Scope of the Role
The EHS Supervisor position will assist in the development, implementation and sustainment of EHS programs to ensure the safety of all employees, visitors and contractors; protect the environment, and maintain compliance with all National and local regulations for our multiple US Locations. The EHS Supervisor will assist in driving a behavior-based safety culture characterized by accountability, commitment and teamwork.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Have knowledge or willingness to learn safety and occupational health laws, regulations, principles, theories, practices, and procedures
- Ability to perform safety, environmental, or occupational health inspections for compliance with established policies to identify potential new hazards
- Review and become familiar with applicable EHS Standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Work Instructions and functional documents/operational guidelines
- Develop and maintain daily, weekly, and monthly reports
- Change, improve and create (where required) Standard Operating Procedures to align with the applicable EHS
- Help develop, implement, and manage e-learning systems, internal share point system, the identified inspection app, and other systems as deemed necessary
- Collaborate with departmental personnel to understand procedures, gather information, analyze procedures, address issues, resolve problems and implement change
- Procure and complete documentation required for any changes/improvements per functional/departmental requirements (change control, procedure updates, document changes, etc.)
- Consolidate (as applicable) SOP content to minimize/eliminate redundant information
- Communicate roadblocks/issues immediately to team leads with-in the fulfillment center
- Must be at least 18 years-old
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Degree from an accredited school in Occupational Health and Safety, or Environmental Science
- Experience in SOP and technical writing through studies. Manufacturing knowledge a plus
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook
- Satisfactory drug and background screening following condition offer
- Overtime, weekend and holiday work, as required
- Must be able to bend and lift up to 49 pounds repetitively with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation
- Exposure to temperatures that range from freezing to sub-freezing (coolers, freezers, etc.)
- Must be able to push, pull, squat, bend, and reach above and below shoulders. Repetitive use of hands
Blue Apron is an equal opportunity employer
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Blue Apron, Inc
Website : http://www.blueapron.com/
Blue Apron is a new concept in grocery delivery, built around incredible cooking experiences. We offer a once-a-week subscription service where we deliver all the fresh ingredients you need to make 3 meals, in exactly the right proportions. We’ve designed our service to teach you fun new recipes, save prep time and also reduce unnecessary waste. By letting us shop for you, we can bring you fresher and higher-quality food than you can get on your own in the supermarket, and for better prices!