Turner Construction Company
Position Description: Assist the Project Safety Manager, PX, PM, and Superintendents in enforcing and adhering to Company Environmental Health & Safety and risk management policies and procedures on a construction project. Identify, eliminate, and control hazardous conditions on a project that may lead to injury and/or property damage using job specific safety standards, best management practices, and the Building L.I.F.E. program.
Reports To: Project Safety Manager or Project EHS Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
Assist with the following:
- Educate project staff and Turner Trades personnel on EH & S programs, policies and procedures and provide training on safe work practices.
- Review subcontractor safety programs for completeness and compliance with Turners policies, regulation, and owner contractual requirements.
- Promote safe work practices and safe working conditions in accordance with all Federal, State, and Local regulations, and Owner/contractual requirements.
- Administer drug screening program (pre-employment, post-accident, random, and cause) that is consistent with Turners and Owners requirements.
- Coordinate preconstruction meetings with Project Safety Manager and Superintendent.
- Ensure that subcontractors are conducting the proper training as per OSHA standards.
- Conduct effective worker orientation program for every new employee and administer and record their participation.
- Gather pre-task plans and Job Hazard Analyses for all project contractors based on contractual requirements.
- Conduct safety meetings and issue minutes of meetings as directed by the Project Safety Manager.
- Maintain a log of each subcontractors toolbox safety meetings held with their employees.
- Provide safety reports to Project Safety Manager as required.
- Conduct safety audits and recommend corrective action per Company policy and work with Project Safety Manager to issue reports of any violations or unsafe practices to subcontractors for immediate resolution.
Qualifications: Four year degree in Occupational Safety and Health, engineering or equivalent is preferred with at least one year of safety experience or combination of education/multiple years of experience in building construction, and a working knowledge of safety/environmental principles and techniques. Ability to identify known potential exposures and recommend corrective actions. Computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite program. Demonstrates fundamental management, leadership, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills with the ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move heavy weight.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: req4515
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Turner Construction Company is recognized as the leading general builder in the U.S. The companys 5000 employees perform work on more than 1,500 buildings projects each year. According to Engineering News-Records Top 400 Contractors Sourcebook, Turner is the nations largest builder in the green, healthcare, education, commercial buildings market.Turners job application process is being enhanced with new functionality, which will improve how to search and apply for jobs that meet your skills. Please come back to this site on August 29th to find opportunities across the company in a wide range of job families. Contact Info
- Boston, MA 02210
View Company Profile
Dont miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Turner Construction Company
Website : http://www.turnerconstruction.com
Turner is a North America-based, international construction services company and is a leading builder in diverse and numerous market segments. The company has earned recognition for undertaking large, complex projects, fostering innovation, embracing emerging technologies, and making a difference for their clients, employees and community. With a staff of 5,200 employees who work on more than 1,500 projects each year, we offer clients the accessibility and support of a local firm with the stability and resources of a multi-national organization. To be the highest value provider of global construction services and technical expertise.