OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH COMPLIANCE OFFICER II
DLLR - Labor and Industry - MOSH
7/11/2018 09:00:00 AM
7/25/2018 5:00:00 PM
$41,358.00 - $65,827.00/year
LOCATION OF POSITION
10946 Golden West Drive, Hunt Valley, MD 21031
Main Purpose of Job
This is occupational safety and health consultation work at the intermediate-performance level, within the Division of Labor and Industry.
Plan, schedule, and conduct safety consultation visits in accordance to policies and procedures.
Conduct training in conjunction with consultation visits and assist employers in the improvement of their safety and health programs.
Manage survey files.
Other duties as assigned by management.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience in the inspection of work places to ensure compliance and initiate enforcement of state and federal occupational safety and health laws, regulations and standards.
Notes: 1. Additional experience in the interpretation and application of fire, health or safety regulations and the preparation of narrative reports documenting factual findings of inspections or investigations may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty semester credit hours to include twelve credit hours in construction, engineering, fire, manufacturing or occupational safety and health technologies may be substituted for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non- commissioned officer in General Inspection, Investigation, Enforcement and Compliance classifications or General Inspection, Investigation, Enforcement and Compliance specialty codes in the Inspection, Investigation, Enforcement, and Compliance field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. An Associate or Bachelor's degree (preferably within the safety or occupational health fields of study)
2. Completion of an accredited certificate program in occupational safety and health.
3. Professional certifications in occupational safety and health (such as CSP, ASP, OHST, CHST)
4. Related experience such as performing safety and health inspections, identifying and correcting hazards, completing job hazard analyses.
5. At least five years of employment in the construction and/or manufacturing fields.
6. Ability to speak and write fluent Spanish preferred but not mandatory.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employee in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***..
All candidates are subject to a background check against files maintained by the Division of Unemployment Insurance (DLLR/DUI) to determine whether any monies are owed to DLLR/DUI as a result of unemployment insurance overpayment/fraud. Any unpaid debt may have an impact on whether or not a candidate is offered employment.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Applicants must provide sufficient information on the application to show they meet the qualifications for this recruitment. RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION/EXAMINATION PROCESS.
All information concerning the qualification, including any required documentation (diploma, transcripts, certificate, etc) must be submitted and received by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
This position is in a covered bargaining unit.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. BENEFITS
U.S. Military Veterans may qualify for additional bonus points towards certification. Any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing a U.S. Military form DD 214 verifying honorable discharge from service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Permanent State employees do not need to submit proof of Veterans' status.
If you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via email to **** or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
PLEASE DO NOT **** (OSH Compliance Officer II) CW
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 100
Baltimore, MD 21201
The MD State Application Form can be found online
Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of DLLR that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.
View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.
This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.
Apply via Paper Application.
You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.