CVS Health is currently hiring for a Safety Manager - Business Partner - Southern CA, TX, NV, AZ, NM and Distribution Centers nationwide to join our team. This management position is directly responsible for the overall Safety Program within their assigned Area. Accountable to workers compensation, general liability frequency and severity rates, as well as ensuring adherence to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Accountable for ensuring safety procedures are being complied within all levels of retail operations for assigned Area. Accountable for supporting the treasury department and EHS initiatives making safety a priority in all facets of day-to-day business.
• Directly responsible for safety related activities within assigned Area.
• Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements to include managing all state mandated safety programs, handle OSHA reporting and investigations.
• Be an active partner with internal CVS groups / project teams and act as CVS’ liaison to external agencies, and third party vendors to manage overall risk and reduce costs associated with identified risks.
• Evaluates the overall cost of risk to CVS and provides guidance and assistance in the development of strategies to continually reduce these incidents, and enhance return to work programs with the Workers Compensation group.
• Participate in meetings and or conference calls to discuss safety matters with assigned Regions/District management and Logistics leadership.
• Participate in the development and implementation of safety training for assigned regions and distribution centers to reduce risk and increase efficiencies in the work flow process.
• Work with store operations and Logistics management to ensure all levels of safety training is conducted, completed and monitored in the prescribed time frames and frequency.
• Conduct in store and distribution center compliance assessments and provide guidance on corrective action and follow up in a timely manner to ensure compliance is accurately maintained.
• 80% travel required within area including overnights.
• Ability and willingness to travel by airplane and car.
• Must possess a valid motor vehicle drivers license.
• Strong influencing and relationship building skills.
• Ability to implement programs that are designed to mitigate risk and reduce claims for assigned region.
• Must possess the ability to work within the Microsoft Suite, Word, Excel, Access, etc.
• Must be able to work within a team environment and independently.
5 plus years of experience handling safety management programs.
Prior experience working with OSHA and other regulatory agencies.
Prior management/leadership experience strongly preferred.
Retail industry experience preferred.
Knowledge of fire protection, OSHA (CAL OSHA for west coast), and hazardous materials regulations.
Knowledge and hands on experience with power industrial truck operations and forklifts
Bachelors Degree or equivalent years of related professional work experience.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW at **** and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT at ****
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking Advice and Counsel at mailto:Advice&****
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please ****. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, ****. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: ****