Newport, RI 02841
The Navy Array Technical Support Center (NATSC) is the depot-level repair activity for US Navy surface ship and submarine towed sonar arrays. It is a Government Owned-Contractor Operated (GOCO) facility located at the Navy Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport, and Naval Station Newport, in Newport RI. Along with the depot the Government provides a warehouse/staging facility for material packaging, shipping, receipt, inspection, and storage. The successful candidate will be the Environmental and Safety Engineer for the NATSC towed array depot. As such they will:
1. Maintain a Navy and OSHA-compliant Environmental Safety and Health (ES&H) program.
2. Monitor quantities, consumption, handling, and storage of HAZMAT items
3. Lead preparations for facility ESH audits and inspections
4. Coordinate facility compliance with NUWC Newport and NAVOSH requirements
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: 1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, OR equivalent experience/combined education with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
2. Must be able to obtain and retain a US DOD security clearance at the SECRET level.
1. Direct experience with Navy Consolidated Hazardous Material Reutilization and Inventory Management Program (CHRIMP) requirements and processes related to the storage and usage of HAZMAT
2. Prior experience administering NAVOSH-compliant programs
3. Prior experience administering HAZMAT and/or ESH programs in an industrial environment
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company's diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Website : http://www.leidos.com
We bring a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in national security, health, and infrastructure. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.