Olin Chlor Alkali Products
Olin Chlor Alkali and Vinyls, a division of Olin Corporation, has an opening for a Health and Safety Technologist in the Texas Operations site located in Freeport, Texas. The purpose of this job is to provide Health & Safety (H&S) support in a Chlor Alkali Assets facility. The support includes coordinating existing H&S programs, compliance with applicable laws, regulations and standards, achievement of H&S goals, and implementing global H&S management systems and work processes. The selected candidate will work closely with plant and Environmental, Health & Safety (ORC) leadership, other members of the TXO Chlor Alkali/Global Chlorinated Organics(CAA/GCO) EH&S team, and plant and maintenance personnel to ensure full compliance with all H&S regulations, enhanced H&S awareness, and improved H&S performance. The H&S Technologist will report to the CAA/GCO ORC Manager Leader
Olin Corporation is a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer of chemical products and a leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition. Olin is the world's leading producer or chlor alkali products and Vinyls, the number one supplier of epoxy materials, the number one global seller of membrane caustic soda and chlorinated organics and the number one North American seller of chlorine, bleach and hydrochloric acid. Winchester's principal manufacturing facilities produce and distribute sporting ammunition, law enforcement ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and components and industrial cartridges.
Essential Job Functions :
* Implement H&S management systems (work processes, standards, and procedures) as appropriate for facilities
* Facilitate compliance with H&S regulations & standards
* Lead the development and implementation of EH&S Plans for major shutdowns/turnarounds
* Verify monthly inspections
* Participate and lead incident investigations
* Participate in and provide data for H&S audits/assessment
* Identify opportunities to streamline H&S implementation resources and work processes
* Maintain record keeping systems
* Maintain Health Assessment Planning Tool & Qualitative Exposure Assessment databases - Maintain Industrial Hygiene programs
* Participate on the facility EH&S team
* Maintain H&S Operating Discipline systems
* Maintain and audit the Behavior Based Performance processes
* Minimum 3 years of experience required
* Associates Degree is required; Process Technology or Health & Safety Management discipline preferred
* Must be able to communicate well with others, as there is a need to explain requirements and reinforce Health and Safety (such as leading presentations to large audiences and Safety Tailgate meetings, performing block HAZCOM orientations, facilitating instructor led H&S training, etc).
* Will be the primary interface between the facility and other service departments. Must develop excellent working relationships to be effective.
* Must have strong leadership skills are a must for coaching and leading others to achieve 100% compliance with laws, regulations, and standards as it is not only required, but more importantly, help others believe it is the right thing to do.
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law .
Olin Chlor Alkali Products
Website : http://www.olinchloralkali.com