CPG Talent Management
Located in Fremont, California the Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager will provide leadership to the EHS programs in Worcester within the defined WORLD CLASS MANUFACTURING (WCM) framework, in a manner consistent with the Principles of Conduct and Action of this global manufacturing company. With strategic guidance from both the central EHS function and the local Plant Manager, this hands-on leadership position will ensure federal and local legislation compliance, develop and maintain ISO 14001 systems, develop an autonomous EHS culture, promote defined Health and Wellness programs, define EHS standard operating procedures, provide EHS training, develop risk identification and reduction awareness methods, all achieved through employee participation and engagement.
This role proactively drives awareness, communicates best practices and implements new programs related to Safety. Works to ensure safe behavior, machinery, and regulatory compliance for EHS at the site. Leads continuous improvement of EHS Management System. Facilitates cross-site discussions, projects and best practice sharing across other department manufacturing sites regarding EHS topics. Is the site security champion responsible for managing building badge access system, video surveillance systems and site security policy including the Active Shooter Response Program. The EHS Manager Supports the Plant Manager in the development, implementation and sustainment of the Business Continuity Plan.
* Responsible for the site regulatory reporting under internal corporate, local, state and federal guidelines including all data reported into GAIA or other designated systems.
* Lead the WCM Health and Safety, Environment and Industrial Risk Pillars, the Crisis Management Committee, and contributing member of the Worcester Business Steering Committee.
* Develop, schedule and deliver impactful and interactive training for supervisors, employees, and contractors on subjects related to EHS.
* Implement and maintain a Best in Class Behavior Based Safety Program for the site and support other sites within the department.
* Manage the sites Toxic Risk Management (TORIMAN) process and hazardous waste disposal program.
* Maintain ISO 14001 certification status for the site.
* Work closely with Engineering, Maintenance and Production
* Departments to ensure machinery, tooling and all equipment is safe and ergonomically sound.
* Ensure safe behavior, safe equipment and regulatory compliance of all outside contractors.
* Lead the investigation and reporting for all Near-Miss, First-Aid and Incidents and Accidents involving injuries and or property damage.
* Lead First Aid / CPR, PPE, and AED programs.
* Oversee the various safety auditing functions for the site including SMAT, 20-Step and ISO14001 Audits.
* Conduct or arrange for studies and/or training and monitoring of air quality, noise, industrial hygiene monitoring, ergonomics, PPE, etc.
* Responsible to stay abreast of current OSHA requirements and act as site liaison for OSHA.
* Proactively drive awareness and communicate best practices related to Safety.
* Oversee site security programs, including video surveillance and building badge access.
Requires a Bachelors degree preferably in Environment, Health and Safety field.
5 or more years EHS experience in a manufacturing environment with a proven track record of success reducing occupational injuries and maintaining compliance with pertinent CALIFORNIA regulations.
Demonstrated abilities as an effective trainer / coach.
Strong communications and team building skills.
Ability to lead and participate in teams and coordinate activities with other departments to achieve the HSE goals for the site.
Strong problem solving skills.
Must have knowledge of manufacturing processes and equipment with the ability to assess and reengineer safety controls as needed.
Must have demonstrated knowledge of ISO14001 standard.
Experience with state and federal regulations and reporting.
Knowledge of theWorld Class Manufacturing (WCM) process as well as specialized EHS training in this area strongly desired.
Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access.
EXCELLENT BENEFITS 401K, PENSION & STABILITY WITH THIS 300 YEAR OLD GLOBAL MANUFACTURER!
WILL PAY FOR RELOCATION.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
CPG Talent Management