Black & Veatch Holding Company
Business Title Regional Safety Manager - Power
Requisition Number 34471BR
Salary Plan CNS
Employee Type Full Time
Percent of Travel Required 26-50
Training and Certifications First Aid, CPR, Drug testing certified, computer, OSHA 500, Safety and Health Program Administration, OSHA 10 hour
Visa Sponsorship Available? No
Relocation Available? Yes
Primary Purpose The Safety & Health Manager 2 is accountable for implementing and maintaining the companys Safety & Health Program, supporting Black & Veatchs substation and transmission construction projects across multiple geographic locations. Acts as a lead in Safety, supervision of multiple other safety personnel.
CHST and/or CSP
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages construction contractor safety and health program administration.
- Manages site safety, health, environmental, and security budgets.
- Implements, administers and maintains Drug and Alcohol Substance Abuse Program for a project.
- Develops and conducts employee safety and health training programs.
- Conducts site safety and health inspections and safety and health program audits.
- Ensures project safety and health documentation is complete and accurate.
- Conducts incident and injury/illness investigations.
- Writes detailed investigation and safety and health progress reports.
- Interfaces with clients and government officials.
- Administers project workers compensation programs and procedures.
- Assists in development, management and implementation of project insurance programs and policies.
- Manages project security contracts, programs and policies.
- Develops, manages and implements project environmental programs and policies.
- May act as Safety & Health Consultant to internal and external clients.
- May act as emergency responder or incident commander.
- Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports.
- Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
- Supervises work of others. Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates.
Minimum Qualifications 5 years in a construction environment, 5 years safety and health experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications Safety and health certification - CHST and/or CSP
Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Knowledge of safety and health standards and practices
- Knowledge of company substance abuse policies and procedures
- Knowledge of construction contracting strategies and contract administration
- Knowledge of workers compensation policies and procedures
- Knowledge of insurance program administration including owner-controlled and contractor-controlled insurance programs
- Knowledge of project safety and health budgeting and cost control
- Knowledge of environmental laws and company and client programs, procedures
- Knowledge of security risk and control processes and procedures
- Knowledge of company safety and health consultation capabilities and ability to perform as a consultant
- Ability to effectively interface with client and government officials
- Communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage emergency situations
- Ability to write detailed reports
EEO Statement Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females
Locations KS-Overland Park
Recruiter Jason White
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Black & Veatch Holding Company
Website : http://www.bv.com
Black & Veatch strikes a balance that is rare for any industry. Our Mission sets the bar high – Building a World of Difference ®. We live up to that ideal by delivering reliable and innovative infrastructure solutions to our clients’ most complex challenges. The result is that Black & Veatch helps to improve and sustain the quality of life around the world.