Leidos is actively interviewing for an upcoming opportunity for an Environmental Engineer to join our team at Kirtland AFB, NM.
The Environmental Engineer will provide recommendations on test events in regards to environmental compliance and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). Monitor and review operations and proposed construction projects to assure compliance with published environmental criteria. Conducts appraisals, field inspections, and follow-up activities of environmental and safety programs at test sites, and other sites, to determine effectiveness and compliance with all established environmental regulations and policies. Provide estimates for the demolition of damaged structures and clean-up of any hazardous areas. Calibrate and maintain various gas sensors and Photoionization detectors (PIDs). Develop and conduct environmental training. Develop training plans, and conduct training to ensure environmental compliance responsibilities.
Coordinating with government customers on a routine basis to recommend environmental and NEPA compliance of future tests
Inspecting test sites to ensure compliance with environmental and safety requirements
Planning and conducting environmental training
Conducting calibration of gas sensors and PIDs
Communicating of test results in both oral and written formats
Providing environmental oversight and guidance to a test team
• Master of Science degree in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering or Chemical Engineering or Bachelor of Science degree with two years of experience in Environmental Health and Safety
• Capable of wearing a Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) (approximately 50 lbs.) while performing inspections of underground tunnels and target structures
• Knowledge of government test procedures
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of tools
• Ability to lift test articles weighing up to 50 pounds
• Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) certification
• Permit Required Confined Space Certification
• CPR, First Aid, First Responder Certification
• Eligible for Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) clearance
• Ability to work as an individual and in a team environment
• Project Management Professional
• Knowledge of Countering WMD chemical threats or CBRN threats
• Top Secret/SCI clearance
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Website : http://www.leidos.com
We bring a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in national security, health, and infrastructure. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.