Program Aide EHS
Program Aide EHS
Child Development Program
Foothill - Vista, CA
Regular Full Time
This position works as an integral member of a team to assist in activities in the areas of the classroom, kitchen and bus services on an as needed basis. The position contains elements of the job descriptions of positions titled teacher assistant, classroom aide, bus aide, custodial aide and kitchen aide as well as requires the incumbent to perform some light cleaning duties. This classification typically works with developing children and/or children with special needs. The position may be assigned to various classrooms/centers/bus routes as deemed necessary for program operations. This position may receive content area technical support and training from the Center Director, Teacher, Bus Driver, Cook and /or Program Managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
Teacher Assistant/Classroom Aide
• Assist classroom staff in all classroom activities, field trips and outdoor activates including lesson plans.
• Assist in developing materials and providing activities related to the cultural background of the children and families served.
• Helps supervise at mealtime, eating with the children to encourage good nutrition and proper social skills.
• Helps keep the classroom and its contents clean and orderly.
• Assists the teacher in any aspect of the program as the need arises.
• Serves as a substitute in the absence of the teacher or assistant teacher.
Custodial Aide Services
• Empties trash or garbage containers if needed before the custodian or janitor services.
• Sanitizes surfaces, picks up and puts away materials in the classroom or kitchen in order to maintain a safe and organized environment.
• Serves as custodian in the absence of the regular custodian on a periodic basis.
• Assists driver in keeping the interior of the vehicle clean at all times.
• Assists with cleaning the exterior of the vehicle as weather allows.
• Maintains accurate record keeping for program requirements.
• Reports any damage or malfunction immediately to the Bus Driver.
• Assists, as requested, to perform safety supplies and seat belts.
• Ensures that the bus is empty at the end of each run and that all children are accounted for.
• Interacts with children during bus route for socializing and educational experience.
• Ensures that children remain seated and with seat belts on at all times.
• Assist with parents/families signing children in and off the bus.
• Communicates with parents/families as needed.
• Completes routine kitchen/dining room/food chores as assigned.
• Prepares necessary food and serving items or service prior to or after use.
• Participates in kitchen clean up, inventory and other kitchen tasks as requested.
• Places food orders.
• Prepares Menu Production Records in Compliance with CACFP requirements.
• Maintains inventory of food and supplies.
• Other assigned duties related to food services.
• Attends all workshop and meeting as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
• Attends all required staff and parent meetings and activates.
• Performs related duties as assigned
• High School diploma or GED
• Minimum of three (3) units in Child Development or Early Childhood Development.
• Six (6) months of experience in a preschool classroom setting
• Valid CPR, First Aid, and Food Handlers certifications must be obtained within first two months (2) of employment and maintained throughout employment (paid, designated training available through MAAC). In the event employees do not attend the scheduled training, they must obtain the cards through outside resources and costs will not be reimbursed. The certifications must be obtained and maintained within prescribed timelines.
• Bilingual (English / Spanish) speaking, reading, and writing preferred.
Union Membership ( if applicable):
This position is represented by Service Employees International Union, Local 221, CTW. Dues/deductions begin after 30 days of employment.
Job Reference #:
Website : http://www.maacproject.org/
The MAAC Project is a multi-purpose social service agency with a successful 45 year history of serving various communities throughout San Diego County. In 1965, MAAC Project opened its doors to serve San Diego's disadvantaged. One million clients later, MAAC is still acting as a catalyst to help individuals and families become self-sufficient. MAAC provides a spectrum of unique programs designed to assist clients by engaging them in the enhancement of their own lives through lifestyle changes. The programs strive to improve clients’ economic standing as well as their ability to access resources available to them.