EHS is looking for a Systems Engineering Engineer with Human Factors and Ergonomics skills to partner with engineering to integrate environmental and workplace safety requirements into the design of products and production systems. Skills include:
· Interprets and advises on the impact of emerging issues, regulations and legislation to company operations and system/subsystem design development.
· Evaluates and provides advice on existing or emergent risk management control technologies.
· Works with management to facilitate risk management decisions.
· Evaluates new technologies and processes to develop strategies and tactics for reducing workplace hazards and environmental impacts.
· Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan and verify the safety of complex lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions.
· Evaluates customer/operational needs to define and coordinate personnel safety requirements. Performs various analyses to optimize safety of systems and/or system architecture.
· Performs analyses for, safety, maintainability, testability, human systems integration and regulatory compliance, into a preferred configuration to ensure personnel safety throughout lifecycle.
· Develops, maintains and identifies improvements for the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of personnel safety requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
· Works with other disciplines to resolve cross-functional technical issues.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Supply Chain and Ops
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Applies extensive job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts. Has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
Regularly contributes to the development of new job practices, techniques, and standards.
Recognized as a job expert within the department/organization.
Provides technical solutions to complex problems that require ingenuity and creativity.
Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment.
Completed work is reviewed for desired results from a relatively long-term perspective.
Guides the successful completion of aspects of major programs and may function in a project leadership role.
Erroneous decisions or recommendations may result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects.
Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
Must have an active (or are you able to obtain) a U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Must be a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15? “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award
Website : http://www.boeing.com/
Boeing is the world's leading aerospace company and the largest manufacturer of commercial jetliners and military aircraft combined. Additionally, Boeing designs and manufactures rotorcraft, electronic and defense systems, missiles, satellites, launch vehicles and advanced information and communication systems. As a major service provider to NASA, Boeing is the prime contractor for the International Space Station. The company also provides numerous military and commercial airline support services. Boeing provides products and support services to customers in 150 countries and is one of the largest U.S. exporters in terms of sales.