Lockheed Martin Corporation
Job Description :
The Payload Launch Sites Support Services (PLSSS) Program provides all launch processing support functions for Office of Space Launch (OSL). One of the program’s two primary operating locations is Cape Canaveral, FL. Key elements of the PLSSS program scope include satellite launch processing, satellite transport operations, satellite propellant loading operations, and satellite processing facilities O&M, clean room operations, and safety and environmental services.
In this position you will be part of an Environmental Safety & Health (ESH) team supporting operations in satellite processing and launch preparation activities. This position requires a broad safety background to include working knowledge with Environmental, OSHA programs, and Operations Safety. Your responsibilities will include:
• Participating in the recognition, evaluation, and control of environmental and safety hazards arising in or from the workplace or facility
• Conducting internal compliance audits
• Conducting evaluations of compliance
• Annual recordkeeping
• Training and other non-routine ESH projects as needed
• Assist with emergency response activities.
• Bachelors degree with 2 years of relevant, professional experience. In lieu of a degree, candidates who have 10 years of relevant ESH experience will also be considered
• Must be a United States citizen
• Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance requiring expanded background investigation
• Experience in Environmental Health & Safety disciplines such as developing and maintaining program documents, collecting and presenting metrics, evaluations and/or inspections, ergonomic assessments and/or industrial hygiene assessments, conducting training for ESH programs
• Able to work in a multiple discipline operations environment and provide safety coverage during 7/24 operations
• Able to multi-task and support any other assignments are required for this position
• Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written, and verbal communication skills
• Masters degree in an ESH related discipline
• Experience in payload processing activities (payload transportation, propellant operations, ordnance, etc)
• Experience in reviewing drawings and engineering change requests
• Experience with reviewing and approving work orders
• Experience with medical programs required by OSHA and the Range (e.g. SCAPE, respiratory, material handler, DOT, hearing conservation)
• Able to work with internal and external customers to include supporting associate contractors
• Current operations experience working Space Flight Hardware and ground support systems
• Current understanding of Eastern/Western Range Operations with EWR 127-1 experience
• Background knowledge in propellant operations, ordnance, and payload transport
• Current experience performing ESH functions for the contract and missions
• Experience with OSHA programs such as Lockout Tagout, Electrical, Respiratory Protection, Fall Protection, Hazard Communication, Aerial Work platforms, Crane operations, Accident investigation, Recordkeeping, Lead and Asbestos, etc.
• Experience with environmental programs such as Air, Water, and Chemical Management
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Cape Canaveral Florida
Security Clearance :
Business Unit :
ESS4400 SPACE SYSTEMS COMPANY
Job Class :
Environment Safety and Health
Job Category :
Relocation Available :
Work Schedule :
9x80B-9,9,9,9,off hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,8 in wk2
Req Type :
Additional Posting Locations :
Apply to Job(s)
© 2018 Lockheed Martin Corporation Disclaimer
Lockheed Martin utilizes our own internal Talent Acquisition Organization to fill our employment needs. If you are contacted over the phone or e-mailed, by a company listing a Lockheed Martin job and requesting your personal information, allegedly on Lockheed Martin's behalf, please do not respond. Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
© 2018 Lockheed Martin Corporation
Powered by SmashFly
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Website : http://www.lockheedmartin.com
Our employees are the core of our business here at Lockheed Martin. As the leading global security & aerospace company—and the #1 IT provider to the U.S. government—Lockheed Martin is a 115,000 person-strong team working to support the U.S. and its allies in the research, development and sustainment of advanced technology systems & services worldwide. Specialties Aeronautics, Information Technology, Space Systems, Defense, Technology, Cyber Security Over one hundred years ago, on August 16, 1912, Glenn L. Martin established the Glenn L. Martin Company in Los Angeles, California. He started the company after building his first plane in a rented church, where he took a leap of faith on his risky but innovative new aircraft design at the urging of none other than Orville Wright. Four months later and four hundred miles away, on December 19, 1912, Allan and Malcolm Lockheed founded the Alco Hydro-Aeroplane Company, later renamed the Lockheed Aircraft Company. Talented mechanics, they set up shop out of a garage, constructing seaplanes that would shatter speed and distance records for overwater flights.