Alcoa (NYSE: AA) is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminum products, with a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa is built on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating back nearly 130 years to the world-changing discovery that made aluminum an affordable and vital part of modern life. Since inventing the aluminum industry, and throughout our history, our talented Alcoans have followed on with breakthrough innovations and best practices that have led to efficiency, safety, sustainability and stronger communities wherever we operate. Job Description
We currently have an opening for a Safety Cooridinator at our Warrick, IN location.
The primary responsibilites include:
* Supporting the EHS systems for the assigned area of responsibility. The successful incumbent will play a key leadership role in reducing risk of incident and injury and will drive implementation of Human Performance systems. The Safety Coordinator leads the environmental, safety, and health training coordination and implementation for hourly and salaried employees, performs internal self-assessment activities (ASATs),
* Monitoring, tracking, and reporting key EHS metrics, and ensures compliance with federal, state, local and corporate regulatory programs. The successful candidate will assist with incident investigations to ensure completeness and accuracy, develop and track corrective actions, act as a change agent for the area, lead multi-disciplinary teams to make process improvements and reduce risk of injury. The individual will use problem solving methodology, work with data analysis tools to identify trends, determine root causes of problem areas, generate potential action plans and monitor progress in significant and critical areas, as well as track continuous improvement.
Implementation of Regulatory and Corporate Engineering Standards
Molten Metal and Fatality Prevention ASAT Single Point Accountable
Memeber joint department safety committee
Coordinate department health/medical surveillance programs
Conduct floor observation, housekeeping, and compliance audits
* Strong safety background
* Ability to understand OSHA regulations
* Ability to lead others to drive change
* Strong organizational in communication skills
* A Bachelor of Science degree in Safety Management, Safety Engineering or related field
* Minimum of 1 year of professional experience in environmental, health, and safety
* Demonstrated proficiency in program development, implementation, and incident investigation
* Possess strong customer service and teamwork values, good verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with others
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Internet Explorer applications is required
Ability to work on other shifts and/or come in early or stay late as needed Additional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines..
A global leader in lightweight metals engineering and manufacturing, Alcoa innovates multi-material solutions that advance our world. A global leader in lightweight metals engineering and manufacturing, Alcoa innovates multi-material solutions that advance our world.