Apple & Associates, Inc.
80,000 - $90,000
· Responsible for all aspects of EHS, including OSHA, and environmental record keeping safety audits. And accident investigations and identifying workplace hazards.
· Develop, evaluate and maintain department budget for safety area
· Ensure the facility complies with OSHA and environmental laws and regulations
· Develop, deliver and track participation in health and safety related training and OSHA related certifications
· Lead plant ERT and Safety teams
· Promote, support and develop local safety programs, such as BEAST and Near Misses, as needed
· Provide ongoing support to department managers for safety meetings and department work modification
· Reviews injury report to ensure all incidents are properly reported and appropriate action has been taken to prevent recurrence.
· Prepare and submit environmental compliance reports to regulatory agencies.
· The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list of all tasks. Additional tasks and duties may be assigned from time to time as necessitated by business needs
Skills, Experience and Education:
· 5+ years in manufacturing environment with experience implementing and managing safety initiatives required
· Bachelor's degree required, in Business Management and/or Safety Management preferred
· Strong working knowledge of EHS regulations and requirements
· Knowledge in the technical fundamentals of safety management and risk assessments
· Ability to work in team environment
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· PC Skills: Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and others as needed
At Apple & Associates, we understand that relationships are what make us stand apart. Whether you are a client or a candidate, you are an extension of the Apple & Associates’ family. Many of our recruiters have been with the company since its earliest days. They take great pride in the relationships they build; always emphasizing high standards, ethics and quality service. Our President, Debi Apple started her recruiting career in Aiken, South Carolina. She quickly became a top producer and leading authority in recruiting for the medical device, pharmaceutical and consumer product industries. Her passion and drive led her to open Apple & Associates in 1993. Under her leadership, Apple & Associates has grown to be one of the leading recruiting firms in these industries. Our company is proud to represent two of the largest medical device and pharmaceutical companies in the U.S., Covidien (formerly known as Tyco Healthcare) and our first and longtime client, Becton Dickinson. Now headquartered in Chapin, South Carolina, Apple & Associates has offices from coast to coast, offering regional recruiting expertise throughout the U.S. and Latin America. Our searches and permanent placements represent all levels, from CEO to staff level positions.